1. Our commitment to your privacy
HACCI provides you with access to information about its offerings to members, events and other community activities (“Services”). This Service allows you to purchase memberships, access the HACCI ENews and other information relevant to HACCI and its activities.
HACCI takes your privacy seriously, and strictly adheres to the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Principles”) and other laws relating to privacy, and the collection, use and disclosure of personal information and sensitive information. We will only collect personal information and sensitive information that is necessary for us to provide you with the Services.
2. The information we collect
We will only collect personal information and sensitive information that is reasonably necessary for us to provide you with, or directly related to, the Services and any other goods that you request from us.
We collect personal information and sensitive information from you when you interact with us.
The personal information and sensitive information which HACCI collects may include, without limitation, your name, images, postal address, email address, telephone number, your work address, work telephone number, employer details, industry information, credit card details, direct debit details, payment details, IP address the details of any Service, or any other information necessary to provide the Service requested.
HACCI will collect personal information and sensitive information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. HACCI may collect the personal information and sensitive information directly from you, from third parties with whom you interact and authorise to provide us with such information or alternatively through publicly available information.
When you access our website at www.hacci.com.au via a browser or application, our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, GPS locations, session ID’s of your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
3. How we use your information
We may also use the personal, sensitive or protected information you provide to directly market to you. If we market to the public (such as through an advertising campaign), we will only use aggregated information on a purely anonymous basis with your personal, sensitive or protected information removed. You can opt out of marketing activities at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button.
We may also collect information about you and how you interact with our website, by using or storing “cookies” on your computer. You can delete cookies from your computer at any time via your internet browser. However doing so may limit your use of some of the website’s features.
Please remember that any information that you post in our public forums and any social media interfaces is public information and will not be treated as confidential. Such information can be collected and used by others. Please be careful and responsible when you are online.
HACCI reserves its rights to remove offensive, slanderous, defamatory material in our absolute discretion at any time.
5. Sharing your information
We will only disclose your personal information, sensitive information and protected information in the following circumstances:
• When we have your consent.
• To third parties where necessary for us to provide our Service to you, or where you have expressly asked us to do so for the purposes of them or us providing further Services.
• Banks, payment processors or other payment service providers.
• To our related bodies corporate, and their respective directors, officers, agents, and employees for processing personal, sensitive or protected information on our behalf.
• We may from time to time engage external service providers to help us deliver our services to you. These external service providers may be located in Australia and/or overseas. In these instances, we may disclose your personal, sensitive or protected information to these third parties to help deliver Services to you. You will be notified if we engage an external service provider as and when required by your matter.
• To a third-party data storage provider as part of the storage of your personal, sensitive or protected information on the Site. Information will be kept on servers located within Australia however, back-ups may be stored on servers that are located overseas.
• To comply with any law enforcement agency, judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process in any jurisdiction that is investigating any breach or suspected breach of any law in any jurisdiction regarding your identity or other personal, sensitive or protected information provided by you to us.
• Where disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect HACCI’s rights or intellectual property or to protect the safety of HACCI’s employees or the public as required or permitted by law.
• Where we consider disclosure is necessary for the protection and wellbeing of a person.
• Where we are otherwise permitted by law to disclose your personal, sensitive or protected information.
If you opt in to receive marketing email communications from us, these will be sent to you directly by us. You can unsubscribe from receiving these communications at any time.
In the event HACCI goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another legal person, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information may be among the assets transferred. We will ensure the confidentiality of any personal, sensitive and protected information disclosed in this context.
6. How you may access your information
Copies of other personal, sensitive and protected information which we hold may be reasonably requested by contacting us via email at email@example.com or by calling us in Australia on [+61 3 9602 2977. We may charge you a reasonable fee for complying with any such request.
We may refuse, in our sole discretion, to provide you access to your personal, sensitive or protected information which we hold, where such refusal is permitted by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Privacy Principles or any other law or right.
If you no longer wish to receive email communications from us, you can unsubscribe at any time by using the link on the emails we send you, or informing us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do it for you.
7. How we protect your information
We will act to protect your personal, sensitive and protected information in accordance with the Privacy Principles. We are committed to keeping the personal, sensitive and protected information you provide to us secure. We take all reasonable precautions to protect the personal, sensitive and protected information we hold about you from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
While we take all due care in ensuring the privacy and security of your personal, sensitive and protected information, the possibility exists that this information could be unlawfully intercepted while in transit over the internet or while stored on our systems or on our website. We disclaim all liability to you to the greatest extent pursuant to law should this occur.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal, sensitive and protected information if it is no longer needed for the purpose for which the information was disclosed.
8. Quality & Correction of Personal, Sensitive and Protected Information
It is your responsibility to contact us from time to time to inform us of any changes to your personal, sensitive and protected information to ensure that it is up to date, relevant and of an appropriate quality to enable us to provide our goods and services to you.
HACCI will take reasonable steps to correct your personal, sensitive and protected information if you inform us that your personal, sensitive and protected information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, including making any appropriate deletions or additions to your personal, sensitive and protected information.
If you cease to use our Services, HACCI may retain your personal, sensitive and protected information to comply with its record keeping obligations under law.
9. Contacting us
Your queries, requests and/or complaints will be dealt with as soon as possible by our privacy officer (but no later than 14 business days). Alternatively, any person may make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.
The Office of the Victorian Privacy Commissioner may be contacted on
Tel: 8619 8719 or Fax: 8619 8700
or postal address at:
Level 11, 10-16 Queen Street
For more information about privacy issues in Australian and protecting your privacy, visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website.